1.07.2009

I can't tell you if I applied or not

There was an ad on the front of the New York Times website for careers in the CIA. Being in need of a job and open to anything, I poked around the site. There were a lot of openings for people with specialized skills, but what struck me the most was this little tidbit:
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.

Sounds super secret, doesn't it? I've been reading lots of job listings lately, but nothing quite like that.

No comments: