2.08.2009

What's my age again?

Is Blink 182 really getting back together? If they are I'm kind of excited about that. I was just thinking the other day about how all of their solo projects have been pretty terrible and gone nowhere. I'll be interested to see what they can come up with. I'm not sure they can still do songs about getting in trouble with their parents since they're all like 35 now.
----------

I once read a review of Hanson (remember them?) where it was mentioned that they weren't terrible teen pop because there was an underlying musicality to their work. The idea was that young fans would be drawn to their bubblegum pop but then grow into different music as they discovered the band's influences. That's sort of the way I feel about the Jonas Brothers. They're nothing I would listen to, but a young fan might start with them then check out Stevie Wonder or Elvis Costello. They're like gateway rock.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I was in Kroger just now with two friends, and one of them got a text from another friend saying Blink-182 was back together. She asked me what my reaction was, and I told her I didn't have one.

But actually, now that I think of it, my reaction was, "Is that really something you text your friends about?"

Eileen said...

Yeah, that's strange. Texting my friends wasn't my first thought. Then again, I did blog about it.