11.30.2010

Lookin' like Saint Nick, so clean, so fresh

I'm a sucker for Christmas music. Every November, I wrangle up all my holiday songs and create a Christmas playlist on my iPod. These days it's up to 721 songs. I'm not picky, I'll take every kind of Christmas music, especially if it's free.

Which brings me to today's awesome find. I heard this fun Christmas song that had all the twee tinkling and clever lyrics that makes a tune irresistible to me. The Shazam app on my Droid told me it was "You'll Never Find My Christmas" by Bishop Allen, one of my favorite indie bands. My searches on Amazon and iTunes failed to find the song, though. It wasn't until I used the power of Google that I solved the mystery.

That song and 13 others is part of a compilation from Target. I probably would have bought the album, but they're giving it away FREE on their website. So go download it and start rocking out to your hipster Christmas. I especially love "Toy Jackpot" by Blackalicious. It looks like I have a few more songs to add to my Christmas playlist.

No comments: