12.15.2008

Well it's all right, we're going to the end of the line

I just wanted to post a quick update and let everyone know I made it safely into Tucson this afternoon. In total, it was just a few miles over 2,000. I saw someone in New Mexico with North Dakota plates and thought, "Now they've come a REALLY long way," but google maps tells me that chances are they didn't drive any longer than I did. So there North Dakota!
I hit my first bad weather just south of town when it started to rain. Otherwise the weather was clear but windy. Sir Ranulph even had a run in with a giant tumbleweed. This is what was left of it when I stopped for gas.


So here's a view of my final destination. I'll post some updates later. In the meantime I hope everyone has a happy holidays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eileen,
Sorry about your job, but that road trip looks like fun. Gannett's gonna drop the ax in Detroit on Tuesday. The Big 3, the Freep, the Lions are 0-15 ... when is it going to end?
Tim O.

AE said...

Yay! Welcome to Tucson! Enjoy the wind and the great big Western sky.

J-Will said...

glad you made it there safely. Hope you have a good Christmas. And then it will be time for the Pussy Bowl!!!