2.25.2006

Here's to all the people with nothing to do on a Saturday night

At 7:17 p.m., I received the following email from Shawn:

Okay...pretty much one of your top Elvis Costello albums, 'Blood and Chocolate'. The song is...tah dah...'I Want You'. Run time 6:39. Released Sept. 9, 1986. (Re-released in 1995). Unless you're looking for the single release...which was Nov. 7, 1986 on a 7 inch and a 12 inch. Declan MacManus did the composing on the album and his good friend Napolean Dynamite did some vocals and guitar. This has hurt my brain...I knew where the lyrics came from off the top of me head (I was alive then remember)...but the rest has taken some digging around. If I am the lucky winner, I would like "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada because a)that's one hot looking babe and b)it would cause you untold pain to push the purchase button. I'm not totally heartless though. I would take any lovely song, by any lovely artist you chose.

So Shawn is the first official winner of the first official Sad and British trivia contest. Congratulations! Blood and Chocolate is coming up soon on Declan so you'll all get to hear more about it then.

I had big fun with the contest so I'll probably do another one again soon. I'll try to do them at different times on different days so everyone has a chance. Or Shawn could just win them all because he has nothing better to do - we'll see.

Anyway, Shawn, your sexy girl song is on its way.

No comments: