2.08.2006

I was caught in between all you wish for and all you need

Lately, I've been getting a lot of hits from people looking for some song or another that was played on the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. I can't blame them. I'm a huge of the show and after almost every episode I find myself googling lyrics to figure out the name of a song that was played.

The last two episodes have had especially good music. Everyone I know who watches the show has been asking about the last song they played on episode 15 ("Break On Through"). The song's called "Scratch" by Kendall Payne. I know nothing about her, but I love the song. I might have to check out more from her.

Last week's episode ("It's The End Of The World") had a great song, too. As it was playing, I heard Chris Martin and wondered if this was some new Coldplay tune. Then I thought I heard Michael Stipe and I was all sorts of confused. It turns out Stipe and Martin recorded a song written by Joseph Arthur called "In The Sun" to raise money for Hurricane Katrina relief. It's really beautiful and the money goes to a good cause so go here or to iTunes and get it. Now!

In other news, the Grammys are on tonight and I could really care less. It's just going to be sad if Mariah Carey picks up a bunch of awards. When did she become the poplar underdog? I've been waiting for that chick's downfall for years and now she's the critics' favorite? Whatever. I have no idea how they vote on the Grammys but it's obviously wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kendall Payne is really good, but judging from your taste in music, I'm guessing you won't be thrilled. She's actually a Christian singer and while her lyrics are incredible "Scratch" is probaly her best song to date.