7.23.2005

I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I was going to wait to post about The National but I couldn't. Here's what you need to do:

(1) Go to your local record store.

(2) Buy Alligator by The National in a format that can be played in your car.

(3) Play said album in car as you drive around at night.

(4) Smile!

I've read quite a few things from people who said that this was their favorite album of the year, and after just one day of listening to it, I'm starting to agree. The lyrics are great and the music reminds me a little of Interpol with a more homemade sound. Does that make sense?

Just go out and buy the damn album, you'll like it. If you really must check them out first, you can go to their website and listen to a stream of the album. The quality's not great, though. I didn't really appreciate it until I got the CD for myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, we are going to have to have a discussion at some point about people who write things like:

(4) Smile!

Also, dude, Sylvia gave me a bunch of stuff from 69 Love Songs back in California. Did we never talk about this? (It is a really good album.)

I just finished the new Harry Potter book; I read it straight for about six hours. I think it was the best one ever; but I'm sad now, because it's over, and for other reasons.

Kelly said...

Indeed, la. Without an oath I'll make an end on't.

I don't know why Ophelia seemed appropriate there.

So, Harry Potter. Yeah.

Eileen, I don't normally hate people for being right, but for you I'll make an exception.

Pardon me; I'm crazy from deadlines.

Eileen said...

Man, everybody's ganging up on me today!

Josh, we briefly discussed 69 Love Songs in NYC. I just smiled and nodded, though. I really need to listen to Sylvia more. She was right about The Shins, too.

Kelly, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Go back to bed.

Anonymous said...

Sylvia is always right. Except maybe about dating Omar. She is certainly always brave, however.

Anonymous said...

And lay off Kelly, Eileen. Some of us are taking this death a little harder than you and your heart of ice carved in the shape of a stone.