7.26.2005

The mission continues

This Friday I have tickets to see Elvis Costello and Emmylou Harris up in Dayton. I've never been to Fraze pavilion but I'm going to see if I can finally get my iPod autographed. As most of you know, I originally had hoped to track Elvis down when he came to the Taft Theatre in May. That show got canceled so now I have to move on to Plan B.

I have Friday off so I'll be able to get up there early. I really don't know how I'm going to do this. I just figure I'll nose around and see what happens. I've never been much of an autograph hound but this process has taken too much effort to give up now.

**********

I bought the new David Gray single from iTunes today and it immediately started bothering me. The melody sounded oddly familiar but I couldn't quite place it. I finally decided it was a Bruce Springsteen song and did a little searching. Then I figured it out - it's "Brilliant Disguise." I'm mean it's no exact copy but you can probably sing Springsteen's lyrics to Gray's tune.

O.k., I just watched the accompanying video and even David Gray admitted it sounds like Springsteen. So once again, I am right!

No comments: