9.06.2005

Back on track

I know, I know, I've been pretty bad about posting lately. Let's just say that work has been a zoo lately and when I get home I don't feel like doing much of anything. Plus, there was all that good football on TV this weekend.

I've got some exciting posts planned but you'll just have to wait. They're going to take a little more time than I'm willing to invest tonight. I'll give you a hint, though. Three words: old guy crushes.

But on to other things for now. Are you guys reading the Vows column in the New York Times? You really should be. It's like watching a train wreck or a foreign film. Either a life you hope to avoid or a life you know you'll never live. These people are bizarre. My favorite thing, though, is no matter what the brides look like they all wear size 2 Vera Wang dresses. I guess if you pay that much for a dress Vera will make you whatever size you want to be.

I bring this all up because last week's Vows column was perhaps the best ever. What happens when a pretentious Harvard cinema studies major gets a job at Comedy Central? She gets even more annoying, then meets the man of her dreams. The whole thing seems unreal but evidently these people actually live in New York. When you're done reading that, check out what Veiled Conceit has to say about it. It's a great read this week!

Seriously, I demand you check this column out. I know most of you personally and I can practically guarantee that each of you will find this woman unbelievable.

Favorite Song of the Week:
"The Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon & Garfunkel - This tune is on the Garden State soundtrack and every time I hear it I think there is nothing sweeter sounding in this world than Paul Simon's voice.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I seared that song into my brain earlier this year...along with most of that soundtrack actually. It was just pretty damn evocative...I just don't know what of, but I like it a lot.

Trevor Record said...

Veiled Conceit was pretty funny, but I feel sorry for that couple. They have no idea that they are massive assholes. If they have any common sense, one day it will dawn on them. Like a teenager that is getting out of a "goth" phase, they will feel humbled.