9.21.2005

My four day musical extravaganza

I am not working today, or tomorrow, or the day after that (I'm actually always off on Fridays) so I can listen to as much live music as my little eardrums can handle.

Yes, that's right, it's MidPoint Music Festival time! Tonight, however, I'm kicking things off early with a show by The National at the Southgate House. I'm very excited to see The National, but at other shows their opening act, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, have been garnering all the attention. Some people even leave the show after they play. That's just wrong.

Sure, CYHSY has enough buzz to make them this year's Arcade Fire and their music is pretty good, but I feel like people are just getting caught up in the buzz. They like them because it's cool to like them. Sort of like The White Stripes. It can happen to the best of us.

So I'll give CYHSY a good listen tonight. I'm prepared to love or hate them either way. I just want to make sure I'm standing outside the buzz when I make up my mind.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Sometimes I still think about that time we saw the White Stripes.

And you know what?

I still don't like that concert.