9.03.2005

I root for the game

I love sports.

I mean I really love sports. I'll watch anything if it involves competition. I really got into the Little League World Series a couple weeks ago, and I hate Little League (actually I hate Little League parents and the best thing about the LLWS is the parents aren't even allowed to stay in the same hotel as their kids).

Anyway, I'm in heaven this weekend. College football has started up and I'm pretty much going to spend day after day watching whatever inconsequential game comes on the t.v. After spending the week going through photos of hurricane Katrina damage, I'm ready for a break.

This all reminds me of my friend, Shawn, though. When we worked together in California, he was a sports editor and I a photographer. People would constantly ask him his opinion about different teams, but this is a guy who picks who's going to win a football game by who has the prettiest cheerleaders. His other favorite sports are gymnastics, figure skating and women's tennis. Pretty much anything that involves chicks jumping around in short skirts.

But I'm just a girl. You shouldn't listen to me when I tell you that Texas is overrated and Louisville is going to win the Big East. I'm just saying.

I've got nothing better to do.

I gotta go. Pitt vs. Notre Dame is starting up and I don't want to miss that.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Don't ask me! I'm just a girl!

Shawn said...

Yeah, and it's U.S. Open time... *insert grin here*

By the way, I think I should clarify that the 'Hot Cheerleader' method of picking winners only works for college games. It might seem a bit implausible, but once mastered it seldom fails.

It actually requires more intensive study than the much tauted 'Study the Stats' method. Or the equally flawed, 'Study the Scouting Reports' method. But I'm nothing if not dedicated to my studies...

Kelly said...

So, TCU over Oklahoma. Who saw that one coming, huh???

Eileen said...

Oklahoma's a bunch of chokers (they always have been). It didn't help that they had a new QB, too.

Shawn said...

Did I mention that Auburn got robbed... They had definite hotty cheerleaders too, but did they get a fair shot? Nope. Why is that you ask? Because the NCDoubleTaliban running things is on to the connection between hot cheerleaders and winning programs and they would obviously rather see girls in Burkas on the sidelines. Man I hate those guys...