12.13.2005

Living to get his freak on

I always had Fastball pegged as one of my radio bands. You know, those bands whose songs you flip away from when they come on the radio, but you're also pretty sure you're not going to buy their album. I also include Smashing Pumpkins, Soul Asylum and the Goo Goo Dolls in that category.

I was at the library a couple months ago, though, and I stumbled across the 1998 Fastball album All The Pain Money Can Buy. While it's not their only album, it might as well be. It has both their big singles "The Way" and "Out of my Head." I remember both songs fondly from the radio and they still sound great today. The rest of the album is far from filler. There are some good tune there. I just wished I loved them more. After going through the whole album, I think I'll keep Fastball as a radio band.

No comments: