3.11.2006

Don't try to touch my heart, it's darker than you think

So it's the last album in the letter B - Brutal Youth by Elvis Costello. This one's one of my favorites.

With Elvis it seems he releases a n album every few years that critics hail as his return to rock (see also, When I Was Cruel). Before Brutal Youth, Costello had released The Juliet Letters with a string quartet and Mighty Like a Rose which was just kind of strange. Brutal Youth is more straight up rock with some great biting lyrics. It's very refreshing.

It also means that Costello's next album will probably be a "return to rock." I'm just noticing the patterns here.

**********

What I'm really excited about today is a new site called lala.com. It's been taking up all my free time. It's kind of hard to describe but you trade CDs with other people for $1.49. Some of the money goes to the artists themselves, too, so you don't have to feel guilty.

Just go to the site and read up on it. They're in the early stages so they're only opening it by invitation. I sent them my email, though, and got an invite within a day. If you join, let me know and I'll check out your listing. Trust me, this is big fun if you're a music fan.

No comments: