3.13.2006

You are far and away my most imaginary friend

I'm confused. As I was listening to today's album, Car Button Cloth by The Lemonheads, I was having all these flashbacks to high school. Then, I looked up the album info. According to Mr. Amazon, Car Button Cloth was released on October 15, 1996 and I graduated from high school in June of 1995. The only thing I can come up with was perhaps I was falsely channeling Car Button Cloth when It's a Shame About Ray was really the Lemonheads album of my high school years. Still, I have such strong memories of "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You." There's something very David Lynch about the whole thing.

Everything might be clearer if I'd ever actually listened to Car Button Cloth very often. Besides the aforementioned song, and "Outdoor Type" I've rarely sat down with the whole album. I think I'm just a fan of Lemonheads' singles. That's not a bad thing to be, though. They've had some excellent songs.

No comments: