4.06.2006

Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie.

I was wondering tonight if I own any movie soundtracks to films I haven't seen. So far I haven't been able to think of one, so that means I have to admit to seeing Clueless, the 1995 film that is Emma meets 90210. I really shouldn't complain. It's a funny movie and it came in handy when I only had two days to read Emma in college. I managed to get through the discussion by relying on the movie I'd seen a year earlier.

After seeing Clueless, I didn't rush out and buy the soundtrack. I can't remember when I actually got the soundtrack but it wasn't that long ago. I'm pretty sure I bought a used copy because I really only wanted it for one song - the Counting Crows cover of "The Ghost in You." it's a great version of the Psychedelic Furs classic and as far as I know it's never been released on another album.

There are a few other good tunes on the album. I'm a big fan of "Alright" by Supergrass (but I already own that CD) and there's a nice acoustic version of Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees." I'm still all about Counting Crows, though.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The music player kicks ass! I really like the music waiting until I am ready for it, very thoughtful.

Wish my blog was about music now. If I was super cool, or super bored I might be able to put together a flash program of different tree species, 'cause that is what everyone on the 'net is in to..ha ha.