4.27.2006

I never knew what a good time was till I had a good time with you

I have to say I was really excited a couple weeks ago when I saw someone on lala.com was sending me The Dead 60s by The Dead 60s. I'd read some stuff about them that proclaimed them to be the future of British rock (this was a couple months before the Arctic Monkeys were declared the future of British rock). Well if this is the future, it sounds a lot like the past.

The whole album reminds of something by The Clash, but without the anger. You know what The Clash would sound like without their anger? That's right, crap. Now, I don't think The Dead 60s are total crap, but I just kept thinking that I could be spending this time listening to actual Clash songs instead of sad imitations. It's more just a waste of time.

No comments: