4.11.2006

Sweet dreams 'til sunbeams find you

Declan's album today is another personal mix. It's from Maggie and it's called Coffee & The Sunday New York Times. As you might be able to guess, it's got some mellow jazz and lots of great songs from classic singers like Nina Simone. It's exactly the kind of album you'd want to have on as you work your way through the endless pile of paper that is the Sunday New York Times. I ought to try it sometime.

See, I tend to read the New York Times online on Sunday evenings. I love the idea of getting up some morning and walking down to a coffee shop and getting the paper. Too bad I don't live within walking distance of a coffee shop. Also, I'm lazy and cheap so my Sundays usually involve getting up slightly before noon, making a pot of coffee and watching the episode of CBS Sunday Morning I Tivoed earlier in the day. It's not bad but it's not very metropolitan of me.

So for now I'll listen to Maggie's mix and pretend I lead the kind of life where I drink French press coffee and someone goes and gets me a copy of the New York Times every Sunday. I'll listen to Mama Cass sing "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" and effortlessly finish the crossword puzzle. The weather is always warm and my apartment is always clean - it's a nice thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how to use this. We can't all live the type of life we envision. That is why we like to listen to the old rock n roll. In them days you could be anybody anytime. Just listen to the music and go away for awhile in your head. Dream a little Dream is a perfect example. So put on the song, make some coffee and enjoy! Tried to do this once and am not sure if it made it through. Missouri relative.

Summer said...

I don't have the attention span required by the Sunday Times. I've tried it a couple of times but I just can't get through it. It took me about a week to get through all the supplements and such. And I much prefer Sudoku to crossword puzzles. I spent two hours on Sunday working on the big one with 5 puzzles interlinked. I finally finished it and did feel as if I'd accomplished something, but I also lost two hours! :-) I like the idea of the Times and a cafe, but I'm much more a latte and sudoku in front of the tv while Matt watches political talk shows kind of girl.