10.22.2005

I think you left me for the government

I have to say I wasn't too enthused about listening to the next album on Declan. I wondered why I even had 7even Year Itch: Collective Soul Greatest Hits 1994-2001 on my iPod.

But then I listened to it again.

Sure it's 13 tracks of pop rock drivel, but it's catchy. I always enjoyed hearing Collective Soul on the radio and this CD is a nice collection of all your radio favorites. It's good driving music and I used to do a lot of that when I lived in California.

There's one song I really can't stand, though. "Shine" was overplayed on the radio and it's really just a hideous song with all those crazy "yeahs" thrown in. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a commercial jingle making fun of something. If only that were true.

But "Run" and "Gel" and "December" and all those other one word songs are good fun. I'm no Soulie but I can live with this being on my iPod.

No comments: