10.08.2005

Straight up

I got my hair cut on Friday. For those of you who don't know, it was nothing drastic. I'm in the process of growing my hair out and I just needed the ends trimmed a bit (plus the back so it didn't look too mulletty).

Friday was kind of misty, though, and my hair is curly so my stylist (Is that what they're called these days? I usually call her "my hair cut chick.") suggested using a flat iron to keep my hair straight. I was up for that.

So for a few hours yesterday I had fabulously straight hair. Sure, people come up to me all the time saying they wish they had curly hair like mine, but if you actually have curly hair, all you want is straight hair that never does crazy shit or gets frizzy. On Friday I lived the dream.

I guess I could buy a flat iron and give myself straight hair whenever I wanted but that's not going to happen. I'm too lazy. Plus, while the straight hair was a nice change of pace, it was just so . . . straight. I'm learning to embrace my curls and love my crazy hair.

So here's a photo of me on Friday. I went jogging later so the straightness was gone a few short hours. I'm not sure the picture does it justice but you get the idea.

I'm also throwing in a photo of the flag football team I play on. We lost (again) today but I really like the picture. It's one of those "we are young, we are perfect" moments.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Your straight hair looks awesome! Weird, but awesome! (Kind of like you. And most of the rest of us, I guess.)