5.18.2005

General Disarray

Maggie and I have been having iPod wars lately. It's like some back alley hipness throwdown and it often results in the embarrassment of one or both parties. Plus, it's an awesome way to waste time. If you want to know the finer points of an iPod war, you can find the rules here (although, I don't really believe Counting Crows never wins).

**********

I can't believe I'm still unsure about Snow Patrol. They easily fit my two main criteria for liking a band (sad and British, duh) but when I first heard them I just didn't think they sounded very interesting. But lately every time I hear something by them I'm like, "Hey who's that?" and then I find out it's Snow Patrol and I think, "That can't be Snow Patrol, I decided I didn't like them over a year ago."

So now I have decided to step back and reconsider my earlier position regarding Snow Patrol. I may have to actually purchase their album. I'll let know what my final verdict is.

Favorite Song of the Week:
"Greetings to the New Brunette" by Billy Bragg - I really haven't mentioned Billy Bragg on this blog as much as I should. I mean I love the guy. I could see myself marrying him except (1) he's already married and (2) I'd have to listen to him ramble on and on about Communism all day. When he wasn't talking about Communism, though, he'd be writing really funny and cute little love songs about us and that would be the best.

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Snow Patrol is like the promise of an awesome Root Beer float... They look good when they show up in that frosty mug, dripping with beads of moisture, but then you realize it's diet Root Beer and budget vanilla ice cream. So close, yet...

Also... the lead singer dude curls his lips into his mouth when he sings. I noticed that and couldn't stop watching him do it. It's sort of uncanny... a bit disconcerting... and, you have to admit, a bit weird.

Eileen said...

It's sort of like how the tip of Tom Cruise's nose moves when he talks. I find myself just staring at it the whole time and forgetting about anything he might actually be saying.

Shawn said...

I think we've already established that Tom Cruise is sort of like Voldemort... we just don't his name.

And I'm pretty sure that whole nose moving thing is part of a Scientology mind control thing. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but I wouldn't stare at it too long if I were you.

Maggie said...

It's the rules, Eileen -- Counting Crows NEVER wins. That also goes for Dave Matthews and Jewel.

Kelly said...

Oh, fun! I declare iPod war against you, Eileen! The battle will take place the next time we meet...