5.26.2005

I think she has man issues

Shawn will be happy to note that I finally got around to downloading the new (and as yet unreleased) Fiona Apple album last night. I've given it a quick perusal so far and I've yet to see what all the fuss is about.

If I were Sony I would think that it is an average effort and will probably sell accordingly. I might not spend a ton of money promoting but I wouldn't call it unreleasable.

If I were a huge Fiona Apple fan I would call it a good album but not earth shattering. This is not her Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Sure she uses some different sounds and experiments with more creative phrasings than in the past, but she still has some work to do. I really think I've hit my limit on "you fucked up my life" songs about men. There are some great ones out there but every song on this album sounded like one long complaint to the guy who done her wrong. It really started to get old.

I'm sure this thing will get released eventually and maybe all the buzz will help it sell. When it's all said and done, though, it's just another Fiona Apple album.

No comments: