5.27.2005

Whatever

Sarah and I were complaining about the state of Cincinnati radio last night (it's a common topic in these parts) when we both learned that we have our alarms set to Q102. The reason? They're sure to play a crappy song that will make you get out of bed just so you can turn it off.

I also mentioned that I'd read this article about radio stations changing to a new "variety" format. It means less stringent playlists and better song variety. So I was thrilled this morning to wake up to Q102's "Whatever Weekend." They were playing a great mix of stuff and if I didn't like a song I knew a completly different tune would be coming along shortly. I even listened to it in my car and I can't tell you the last time that happened. I just wish this was a permanent format change. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: