5.23.2005

You broke my glasses!

I got my new glasses today and I'm learning that I don't have to squint all the time now. I never really knew I was doing it before but my eyes feel a lot more relaxed. Next up, I get to see how they perform in night driving. The excitement never ends folks! Never ends...

**********

Have you heard about Fiona Apple's "lost" album? Apparently Sony has refused to release her new album because they didn't hear a marketable single. I think they're looking for a new "Criminal" but I never really liked that song anyway. I've always preferred her slower, quieter stuff.

This is all very similar to Wilco's ordeal with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Anyway, the album's been floating around on the internet and people say it's great stuff (but don't people always say that about records that have been suppressed by The Man?). I've been trying to find a copy so I can hear it for myself but so far I have been unsuccessful in that endeavor. If you or someone you know has a copy, you should email me.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Okay... I would in no way encourage, blah, blah, blah... but try here -- http://bleedingisbelieving.com/fiona.html

It does indeed sound pretty good, but I haven't listened to it all yet.

Arrrgh! Do I win a prize?