5.07.2005

It's Derby Day!

I'm heading out to a Derby party in a couple hours, but I thought I'd make a quick post first. Derby Day is quite the big deal if you live in Kentucky and I always try to pick a favorite. Last year it was easy. Who didn't love Smarty Jones? It was also the first time in 15 years that the horse I picked actually won.

So now there's some pressure. I like Wilko mostly just for his name but he seems like a lazy butt. I think I might have to go for Bellamy Road. I know he'sI Steinbrenner's horse and people don't like that but he's just so huge and strong. I just don't think anyone will be able to keep up with him.

Go Bellamy Road!

I liked it better when I just picked horses based on what the jockeys' silks looked like.


Bellamy Road Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I knew you would Derbying it... was it an awesome time? Julips all around -- or is it some other drink for the Derby?

Eileen said...

I made my first mint juleps toady and they were received about as well as mint juleps can be (you have to really like burbon). Too bad all my favorite horses sucked.

Shawn said...

No good drinks and no good horses... sorry.